Discover the best South Africa’s Mother City
[tab title=”Full Itinerary – Day by Day” start=open]
We begin our tour with a cultural exploration of Cape Town, Table Mountain, from District Six, to the informal settlement of Langa where traditional healers and shebeens add to the rich culture of township life. Whilst the townships are often the sites of poverty, they are also places of vibrancy and creativity.
- Your tour starts with a scenic drive along the Atlantic Seaboard, via Sea Point and Camps Bay to the fishing village of Hout Bay for an exhilarating boat trip to Seal Island (weather permitting/optional)
- Continue to Cape Point through Chapman’s peak, where the romantic notion that this is where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet, draws thousands of visitors every year. The Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve is recognised globally for its spectacular beauty, rich biodiversity, animal and bird life, historic lighthouses and shipwrecks.
- Enjoy lunch at a nearby restaurant before moving on to the historic naval base, Simon’s Town, a village rich in history and character, with its penguin and seal colonies, fishing and bird life, and quaint architecture.
- Drive back to Cape Town along the coastline passing many seaside towns, then visit the world-renowned Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, which boasts only indigenous South African plants and is set against the eastern slopes of Table Mountain.
Day 3 – Stellenbosch
Experience the Beauty and the Bounty of the Cape Winelands. The vines which are nestled in the Eerste River Valley, the Franschhoek valley and the Perelvallei (valley of Pearls) are steeped in history which is manifested by the Architecture, Museums and the Monuments.
You will be treated to a Cellar Tour which will give you an idea as to how the wine is processed from the humble grape to the ‘nectar of the God’s’.
You will experience at least three different tastings on Wine farms in the regions of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. The quality of the wine is complemented by the beauty of the scenery. To keep the kids happy we would skip one or two wine tastings and do the following: Stroke the Cheetahs at Spier.
Visit Butterfly World or a Crocodile farm or take a quad ride or a horse ride! With Cape Prosperous, the choices are unlimited!
[tab title=”Included & Excluded”]
- All transport (inclusive of fuel and road taxes)
- All accommodation as above
- All related entry fees
- All meals as per above schedule
- Services of Cape Prosperous Tours driver and tour director
- Items of a personal nature, optional activities and visas
- All drinks except as mentioned above
- Tips and gratuities
- Table Mountain
- District Six
- Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Wine Tasting
- Township Tours