Your opportunity to explore both the Southern and Northern regions of South Africa
[tab title=”Full Itinerary – Day by Day” start=open]
On this day You will take a ferry to the Island and then board the bus for a tour. The Tour guides inside the prison are former political prisoners. They are fully conversant and knowledgeable about the Island’s multi-layered 500 year old history. The tour route includes the graveyard of people who died from leprosy, the Lime Quarry, Robert Sobukwe’s house, the Bluestone quarry, the army and navy bunkers and the Maximum Security Prison where thousands of South Africa’s freedom fighters were incarcerated for years. The tour culminates with a viewing of Nelson Mandela’s cell.
After the Island they will be time for The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront that has sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean, Table Bay Harbour, the City of Cape Town and Table Mountain. Lots and Lots of restaurant to choose from if you are a bit exhausted from all the shopping in the mall
We begin our tour with a cultural exploration of Cape Town,Table Mountain, from District Six, to the informal settlement of Langa where traditional healers and shebeens add to the rich culture of township life. Whilst the townships are often the sites of poverty, they are also places of vibrancy and creativity.
- Your tour starts with a scenic drive along the Atlantic Seaboard, via Sea Point and Camps Bay to the fishing village of Hout Bay for an exhilarating boat trip to Seal Island (weather permitting/optional)
- Continue to Cape Point through Chapman’s peak, where the romantic notion that this is where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet, draws thousands of visitors every year. The Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve is recognised globally for its spectacular beauty, rich biodiversity, animal and bird life, historic lighthouses and shipwrecks.
- Enjoy lunch at a nearby restaurant before moving on to the historic naval base, Simon’s Town, a village rich in history and character, with its penguin and seal colonies, fishing and bird life, and quaint architecture.
Day 4 Pilansberg
On this day you will fly to Johannesburg early in the morning to be in time for the beautiful evening ride through Pilanesberg Game Reserve searching for the park’s most iconic animals, including The Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and the elusive leopard). This half-day safari and wildlife adventure is a perfect getaway from the City Life
Day 5 Pilansberg Sun City
After a beautiful Sunrise game drive, You will then have an option of relaxing and enjoy the nature or visit the Sun City resort/Kingdom of pleasure. It is known for its glitzy glamorous non- stop fun. Sun City, unique in the context of World resorts, with a combination of features draws thousands of visitors each year to its magnificent sporting and recreational facilities.
To experience the cultures of the eight indigenous groups in South Africa, a visit to Village People Cultural Village must-do. It is a true South African experience that preserves African culture through showcasing and paying tribute to the country’s indigenous cultural groups.
Within the cultural village, different peoples share their customs through song, dance, poetry, praise singers and narrators. Experience the history, lifestyles, architecture, craftsmanship and beliefs of tribes such as Tswana, Zulu, Pedi, Xhosa, Ndebele, Venda, Shangaan and Ntwana.
Day 6 Sandton, Johannesburg
On this day after after a delicious breakfast we head to Johannesburg .On our way we stop at the biggest Market that you might not have seen before and option for Jewerly factory were it all happens before we go for Dinner at the Nelson Mandela Square
On this tour you are going to enjoy a unique historical and cultural experience. You are going to experience friendship, vibrancy and contrast After a few hours in the apartheid museum you will feel that you were in the townships in the 70’s and 80’s, dodging police bullets or teargas canisters, or marching and toyi-toying with thousands of school children, or carrying the body of a comrade into a nearby house.
The extraordinarily powerful museum, certain to become one of Johannesburg’s most important tourists attractions, has become an obligatory stop for tourists and residents alike.
- Soccer City (Stop for photos)
- Hector Pieterson Museum Tour
- Mandela House Museum Tour
- Vilakazi Street (The only street in the whole world that has produced two Nobel Peace Price winners)
- Stop for a full African cuisine buffet lunch including dessert
Day 8 Victoria Falls
Make your way to OR Tambo International Airport in time for your 1.5-hour flight to Victoria Falls. You’ll be met by a local host on arrival, who will then drive you to your accommodation in the village – roughly 11 miles (18km) north of the airport. Check into your hotel and then spend your afternoon at leisure, perhaps exploring the village or making use of your hotel’s facilities.
Day 9: Victoria Falls
Enjoy breakfast in your hotel and then set off on a morning tour of the incredible Victoria Falls. Listed as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the waterfall also takes the name of Mosi-oa-Tunya, meaning ‘smoke that thunders’ in Kololo, referencing the spectacular mist that forms around its crashing waters. Explore the rainforest trails surrounding the falls, enjoying uninterrupted views of the Zambezi River’s ferocious torrents plunging down a series of basalt gorges. Victoria Falls is known as the world’s largest waterfall, and as you come face-to-face with it, with the water pounding in your ears and the spray rising before your eyes, you’ll certainly understand the name ‘smoke that thunders!’ While walking, watch out for Livingstone’s Statue that looks out over the Devil’s Cataract – a natural pool that marks the lowest point of the falls.
Day: 10 Victoria Falls – Johannesburg
Relax over a leisurely breakfast and then check out of your hotel. Then depart to Victoria Falls Airport for your flight back to Johannesburg.
[tab title=”Included & Excluded”]
- All transport (inclusive of fuel and road taxes)
- All accommodation as above
- All related entry fees
- All meals as per above schedule
- Services of Cape Prosperous Tours driver and tour director
- Items of a personal nature, optional activities and visas
- All drinks except as mentioned above
- Tips and gratuities
- Table Mountain
- District Six
- Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Wine Tasting
- Township Tour
- Sun City
- Victoria Falls