Enjoy a 7 Day tour from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth and travel through some of the most beautiful regions in South Africa.
We travel inland to discover some of the Western Cape’s most popular wine routes and then continue on to Oudtshoorn, home of the magnificent Cango Caves. We also visit The Garden Route, Tsitsikamma National Park, and the Addo Elephant National Park where you will have a great opportunity to take in a variety of scenes from dense coastal forest with rivers that meet the sea to the charming and quirky characters that litter the arid Karoo.
[tab title=”Full Itinerary – Day by Day” start=open]
We begin our tour with a cultural exploration of Cape Town,Table Mountain, from District Six, to the informal settlement of Langa where traditional healers and shebeens add to the rich culture of township life. Whilst the townships are often the sites of poverty, they are also places of vibrancy and creativity.
- Your tour starts with a scenic drive along the Atlantic Seaboard, via Sea Point and Camps Bay to the fishing village of Hout Bay for an exhilarating boat trip to Seal Island (weather permitting/optional)
- Continue to Cape Point through Chapman’s peak, where the romantic notion that this is where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet, draws thousands of visitors every year. The Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve is recognised globally for its spectacular beauty, rich biodiversity, animal and bird life, historic lighthouses and shipwrecks.
- Enjoy lunch at a nearby restaurant before moving on to the historic naval base, Simon’s Town, a village rich in history and character, with its penguin and seal colonies, fishing and bird life, and quaint architecture.
- Drive back to Cape Town along the coastline passing many seaside towns, then visit the world-renowned Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, which boasts only indigenous South African plants and is set against the eastern slopes of Table Mountain.
Day 3 – Stellenbosch
Experience the Beauty and the Bounty of the Cape Winelands. The vines which are nestled in the Eerste River Valley, the Franschhoek valley and the Perelvallei (valley of Pearls) are steeped in history which is manifested by the Architecture, Museums and the Monuments. You will be treated to a Cellar Tour which will give you an idea as to how the wine is processed from the humble grape to the ‘nectar of the God’s’.
You will experience at least three different tastings on Wine farms in the regions of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. The quality of the wine is complemented by the beauty of the scenery. To keep the kids happy we would skip one or two wine tastings and do the following: Stroke the Cheetahs at Spier , Visit Butterfly World or a Crocodile farm or take a quad ride or a horse ride! With Cape Prosperous, the choices are unlimited!
Today we travel to Oudtshoorn where there will be time to explore the incredibly beautiful and fascinating Cango Caves before settling in to your luxury 4 Star B&B and enjoy South African hospitality at its best. After a scrumptious breakfast we visit an Ostrich Farm and the Cango Animal Ranch where there are the most amazing array of animals from crocodiles and snakes to cheetahs and tigers (which you have the option of stroking!), before making our way to Knysna.
Day 5 Knysna
After another delightful breakfast, board a Ferry across the Knysna Lagoon to Feather Bed Bay, take a tractor ride to the top of the hill and enjoy the most magnificent walk down to the bottom for a tremendous buffet lunch. The afternoon offers various options from lying on a the Beach at Brenton on Sea, enjoying Oysters and an Oyster tour, or Beer and a Brewery tour. A lovely way to round off the day would be to have sundowners at the Simola Golf Course which overlooks the magnificent course and Knysna.
Day 6 Tsitsikamma National Park and Port Elizabeth
Today we make our way to Knysna Elephant Park where you will actually feed and stroke the Elephants, an experience never to be forgotten! Our next adventure will be gliding through the trees like Tarzan and Jane (for anyone over 7 who is not scared of heights) in the Tsitsikamma Forest (Optional). For the less adventurous we can go down to Storms River to experience the beautiful scenery and venture across the Suspension Bridge. Up for the highest Bungy-Jump in the world? If not let’s watch some crazy people do it! Perhaps you would like to enjoy a cup of tea or a sundowner at the Kysna
Day 7 Addo Elephant National Park
Addo Elephant National Park, the third largest national park in South Africa and home to over 600 elephant, lion, buffalo, black rhino, spotted hyena, leopard and a variety of antelope. Today you will embark on the search for the Big 5 and other various buck species that are present on the ranch. You will also have the opportunity to participate in an optional afternoon game drive with a local game ranger.
This is a sad day when we say good Bye to friends who came as clients. You will be driven to Port Elizabeth for your connecting Flight
[tab title=”Included & Excluded”]
- All transport (inclusive of fuel and road taxes)
- All accommodation as above
- All related entry fees
- All meals as per above schedule
- Services of Cape Prosperous Tours driver and tour director
- Items of a personal nature, optional activities and visas
- All drinks except as mentioned above
- Tips and gratuities
- Table Mountain
- District Six
- Cango Caves
- Tsitsikamma National Park
- Addo Elephant National Park